Healthy Life Kitchen
- Publish Date: 2000-07-03
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Marilu Henner
If you're like most people, 70 percent of what's in your kitchen right now is unhealthy and has to go. Now the good news ... there are healthy and tasty alternatives to everything in your refrigerator and pantry, and the transition is easier than you think.
When it comes to food, most of us go through a constant tug-of-war between the foods we love and the foods we feel we should be eating. But what if we didn't have to give up our favorite foods? What if we could take recipes from our childhood or our favorite cookbooks and find healthier ways to enjoy them?
Marilu Henner's Healthy Life Kitchen shows you a new way, a better way, to create a health factory in your home. Out go the red meat, dairy, and refined sugar products, and in come the freshest fruits, vegetables, grains, soy, seafood, poultry, and seasonings imaginable-and, in a few easy steps, you've created a Healthy Life you!
After inspiring legions of readers with Marilu Henner's Total Health Makeover and The 30-Day Total Health Makeover, Marilu presents the first cookbook in her bestselling series, introducing tantalizing dishes that fit perfectly into her life-changing health plan. Marilu has collected her best-loved recipes of the last twenty years and mixed in her distinctive warmth and humor. With pioneering health advice, helpful kitchen tips, and plenty of gusto, she serves up a magical array of hearty meals for your nourishment and pleasure.
Only Healthy Life Kitchen features:
- 175 delicious recipes, such as Blueberry Crunch Muffins, Savory Squash Soup, Thai Shrimp and Asparagus Salad, Upside-Down Garlic Chicken, Sierra Stew, Miso-Glazed Sea Bass, Coconut Sorbet, and Killer Brownies.
- A virtual tour of a health food store to help you select the healthiest brands and products.
- Secrets for steaming, boiling, poaching, grilling, roasting, baking.
- Easy-to-use conversion tables for modifying your favorite foods and recipes to achieve maximum health benefits.
- Helpful suggestions on what to cook for kids.
- Extensive lists of the harmful chemicals and preservatives in your food and under your sink, and the healthy alternatives to these kitchen hazards.
- 14 easy-to-make entrees using soy, America's fastest-growing food product, including EZ Sloppy Joes, Tofu Tacos, Hunter's Tofu, and Santa Fe Wrap.