Rachael Ray Make Your Own Take-Out Deck: More than 50 M.Y.O.T.O. Recipes
- Publish Date: 2009-08-25
- Binding: Cards
- Author: Rachael Ray
Rachael Ray, the queen of delish dishes, is here to save dinner with a collection of comfort food recipes in a convenient format. Pick a card from the deck and use it as a shopping list when you go to the store. When youre ready to cook, prop up the card on the counter and follow the recipe for a quick dinner.
This deck contains everything from Chinese food to cheeseburgers--so you dont need to order in when you want a fun, fast meal.
From Rachael Ray Make Your Own Take-Out: Ginger-Soy Chicken on Shredded Lettuce
Heres a low-carb-lovers delight! Have two servings--its good for you!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (3 times around the pan)
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast cutlets, cut into thin strips
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths, then cut lengthwise into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark aged soy sauce, found on the international aisle) (eyeball the amount)
- 3 tablespoons honey (3 times around the pan)
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, core removed, shredded
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the vegetable oil. It should smoke up a bit. Add the chicken and season with a little salt and lots of black pepper. Stir-fry for a minute to sear the meat at the edges, then add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the scallions and stir-fry for another minute, then add the tamari and honey to form a sauce and glaze the chicken. Remove the pan from the heat. Cover a platter with shredded lettuce, top with the chicken, and serve.
Thai Chicken, Pork, or Shrimp with Basil:
Its amazing how different the master recipe above tastes with the addition of the peppers and basil. To make it even more different, make one of the swaps below.
- Swap 6 1/4-inch-thick pork loin chops, cut into thin strips, or 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed, for the chicken cutlets
- Add 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, quartered, and thinly sliced
- Add 20 fresh basil leaves, torn or shredded
Stir-fry the chicken, pork, or shrimp as directed in the master recipe. Add the bell peppers to the pan when you add the ginger and garlic. Add the basil when you remove the stir-fry from the heat. Toss to wilt and combine. Serve over the shredded lettuce.
Download the recipe card for Ginger-Soy Chicken on Shredded Lettuce [JPG]