The Mystery of the Graveyard of the Atlantic (23) (Real Kids Real Places)
Publish Date: 2008-08-21
Author: Carole Marsh
You could say deadly Diamond Shoals was Ground zero for shipwrecks, once upon a time. In the era before lighthouses and before lifesavers, an enormous swatch of sneaky, shifting sandy shoals worked like skeletal fingers to snatch up ships and sink them! When Papa has to emergency land The Mystery Girl, this spooky, mysterious story begins.
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more! Cape Hatteras history Diamond Shoals history USS Monitor history and facts Humidity and general Cape Hatteras weather Fresnal Lens Cape Hatteras lighthouse history Cape Hatteras shipwreck history Rescue device facts (the Breeches buoy) U.S. Coast Guard history Blackbeard, the pirate, history Barque Eagle ship history Wild ponies history Sea Turtle facts Diamond Shoals Pamlico Sound Pea Island Ocracoke Island.
Like all of Carole Marsh Mysteries, this mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that will keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, built-in book club and activities.
Below is the Reading Levels Guide for this book: Grade Levels: 3-6 Accelerated Reader Reading Level: 4.3 Accelerated Reader Points: 2 Accelerated Reader Quiz Number: 126334 Lexile Measure: 670 Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: Q Developmental Assessment Level: 40
Get your FREE Resources!
1. Download the Carole Marsh Mysteries Real Kids! Real Places! Correlations to Common Core/State Standards HERE.
2. Download the Where Have You Been map HERE.
3. Utilize the Real Kids! Real Places! Common Core State Standards Teacher Resource for classroom discussion questions and activities for ELA grades 2-6. This can be used for all 50 mysteries HERE.
4. Download additional activities including Fact or Fiction, Fascinating Facts, Book Club Discussions and Book Club Activities HERE.
5. Want a sneak peak? Read the first three chapters HERE.