The Fear of Singing Breakthrough Program: Learn to Sing Even if You Think You Can't Carry a Tune!
- Publish Date: 2016-09-17
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Nancy Salwen
A complete how-to guide for non-singers or beginning singers who wish they could sing, or fearful singers who long to bring singing back into their lives. Includes Audio Tracks and Videos on Companion Website!
Singing is a skill that can be learned, just like any other skill. However, because singing is so primal and meaningful to us as human beings, when we are discouraged, we are discouraged to the core. Our confidence and self-esteem are affected. Most would-be singers stop singing completely, no questions asked. But many who cant sing, on some level wish they could....
Singing is your birthright. Its never too late to get started!
With the Fear of Singing Breakthrough Program Youll:
- Discover the power of the bodyvoice connection
- Learn simple ways to use your breath to support your voice
- Harness a variety of singing techniques that work with your learning style
- Demystify basic music theory for singing
- Start learning how to sing in tune and understand rhythm
- Learn how to blend in so you can sing with friends and in groups
- Powerful fear-busting exercises
- Ice-breakers to get you singing right away
- Exercises for learning to listen better and match pitch
- Step-by-step lessons on how to approach any song
- Real-world suggestions for starting to sing with other people
- Inspirational ideas about art, courage and self-expression
Even if your goals are modest (youre not planning to perform on Broadway or become a professional), feeling comfortable about singing the Happy Birthday Song, or singing around the campfire or at church can make all the difference in the world.
In this fun, supportive program you will be guided through techniques to get past your fear, and be taught the foundations of learning how to sing.
Tap into the transformative power of singing to experience more confidence, self-expression and joy. Dont let the outdated idea that you are a non-singer stop you from joining in one of the healthiest, most expressive and rewarding activities life has to offer.
What People Are Saying...
For those just beginning to step bravely into the world of singing this book provides a clear, comprehensive and supportive guide toward getting over internal doubt and fear and making the journey into the transformative possibilities of the human voice.
Mary Knysh, Founder of Rhythmic Connections Teacher/Trainer for Music for People
With kindness, playfulness, and heart, Nancy will help you explore your voice and reclaim the joy and courage we all had singing as children.
Shendl Diamond, LikeMinds Press
Salwens writing is from the heart, and her knowledge is experiential; her range of teaching and singing experience shines through in this approachable and interactive book. Those who love to read a book from cover to cover will find lots of useful information, and those who prefer to jump right in and try things will find handy lists, exercises and tips. Salwen breaks down the skills of singing and helps readers recognize the skills they already have.
Dr. Irene M. Feher, D.Mus. Professor of Voice, Concordia University