Raspberry Pi Robotic Projects
- Publish Date: 2014-02-23
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Richard Grimmett
Create amazing robotic projects on a shoestring budget
About This Book
- Make your projects talk and understand speech with Raspberry Pi
- Use standard webcam to make your projects see and enhance vision capabilities
- Full of simple, easy-to-understand instructions to bring your Raspberry Pi online for developing robotics projects
Who This Book Is For
Raspberry Pi Robotic Projects is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step projects guide packed full of examples of actual robotics projects. Each topic is explained in detail to make it easy to replicate the projects described.
What You Will Learn
- Unbox, power-up, and configure Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu, a powerful version of Linux
- Exercise vision control in your projects to distinguish colors, patterns, or movements
- Apply and control speech software to enable your projects to speak
- Discover external hardware to enable your robotics projects to move
- Create complex robotics projects that can move, swim, or even fly
- Interact with your projects wirelessly so that they can be truly autonomous
Robotics development is accelerating, and an amazing array of new hardware and software capabilities are available to anyone with an interest in the area. Robots will soon be a part of our everyday life, and it will soon be as important to know how they work as it is to know how a computer works. Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized, fully capable PC that can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, such as spreadsheets, word processing, and games.
This book starts with the essentials of turning on the basic hardware. It provides the capability to interpret your commands and have your robot initiate actions. By the time you are through, you'll have robots that can speak, listen, and move in a number of amazing ways.
This book is a step-by-step projects guide to unlocking some complex and interesting capabilities of Raspberry Pi. Teaching you to use Raspberry Pi from scratch, this book will discuss a wide range of capabilities that can be achieved with it. These capabilities include voice recognition, human-like speech simulation, computer vision, motor control, GPS location, and wireless control. You will then learn how to combine these capabilities to create your own robotics projects.
By the time you have completed this book, you will be able to use Raspberry Pi to create some complex and fascinating robotics projects with a vast array of capabilities.